Having such a wide taste in music I have multiple genres that I know quite well and are available for me to work with should I choose to. For the purpose of this project I must take into consideration the following criteria in order to filter down to a more select few ideas:
- Nothing too niche - the whole group must have sufficient knowledge to be able to create and strategise marketing for the music we intend to use
- Keep expletives from mild to none at all - videos will be showcased to other students at our school to take audience feedback and it must be suitable for the exam board - this unfortunately narrows down the idea from using much of my tastes in rap and heavier rock music
- Plenty to work with in order to make a good music video - lyrics with a mixture of possible interpretations are useful, as well as songs with a structure that has multiple parts - this leaves out a lot of my tastes in music such as house and garage which often either do not have lyrics beyond a short few lines on a continuous loop or are simply more suited to clubs due to a repetitive, 'trancey' nature
- Must have a clear audience - due to knowledge of what I and people my age find appealing I would keep generally within what could be successful with that age of audience.
- I would also stay inside the boundaries of at least fairly mainstream appeal or a large enough niche that I would be savvy for marketing and promotion - however much I love certain genres such as jazz and blues, they are simply not current or of much obvious appeal to teenagers and young adults
- Nothing that is really iconic eg The Beatles, Michael Jackson, and not a big or recent chart success
- Avoid songs where an existing video if the video is too similar to the type of video you wish to make
TURN INTO A PREZI??