During the editing process at times we asked others our age in the school, who would be a part of our target audience, what they thought of the video so far. Here is a fairly early rough cut we made and uploaded before taking feedback.
We took feedback intermittently once significant progress was made, in order to ensure our music video made sense - we might know what something means and why we show certain shots but do they have the same understanding?
What our audience thought:
- "break up the lipsynch performance shots more"
- "cut the silhouette to something else before she comes into the light"
- "her performing works well in tandem with the story crossed with the symbolic bits"
We took this feedback on and took some more when closer to having a finished video. Here is a mixture of what some people said:
- "really good - seems professional"
- "the shots near the end are too long, maybe try breaking them up?"
- "she's in a confusing relationship that's making her anxious"
- "the faces fading into eachother at 'just do it' looks cool"
- "not sure about the bedroom arguments, they seem a bit odd among all the really strong colour and action and effects"